Friday, January 30, 2009

Discount Aviation Magazines

I found this way of getting discount aviation magazines through AOPA. Hopefully, many of you already know about it. It is a great way to get magazine subcriptions to Aviation Consumer, Aviation Safety, IFR Refresher, IFR, and Light Plane Maintenance magazines.

I have been getting Aviation Consumer, IFR Refresher and IFR magazines for a while this way. Aviation Consumer has a great set of unbiased articles about different aviation items you might need or want. A subscription to the magazine also gives you on-line access to all the old articles as well which is fantastic. IFR Refresher and IFR magazines are both great for keeping your mind thinking about IFR when you are not in the air practicing. I decided to let my IFR Refresher lapse for now while keeping IFR magazine, and now I am going to give Light Plane Maintenance a try. I do like doing my own oil changes and doing owner assisted annuals, so this should be a good one to try at least for a while.

If you haven't tried these magazines, I would highly recommend you at least give them a try. They are not super long magazines. But they are not full of ads, and they have great content.

/Brian

No comments: